Sunday, May 18, 2008

The Death of a Friend

This past week I have had the privilege of helping a friend get through the last days of her husbands life. He died yesterday at 2:03pm. It has been a long road, and a long time coming. My friend has been so strong though all of this. It is amazing to see how much comfort comes from having the knowledge the gospel brings. Her husbands parents are not members of the church. It was really hard watching them in the last hours of his life. We all knew that he was ready to go, but it was still hard. He was one of two children and the only son of his parents. I wish that there were more that I could do to help comfort them as well. I can not even imagine having to go through that with one of my children, even WITH the knowledge and the peace that the gospel brings. I can not imagine if it were my husband either. It puts some things into perspective though - things are not as bad as they seem, and frustrations begin to look minute while we are dealing with our dear friend's death. He was 30. We are going to miss him.

No comments: