Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Awesome Bread Recipe

So, I like to make bread. I love kneading it and the whole process. But I alway have a very heavy and thick crusted bread.

And then I came across this bread recipe.

I LOVE IT! It turned out nice and soft and light and very yummy!

Here is the recipe in my words and pictures:

3 cups really warm water
1 1/2 Tbsp. yeast (or 2 yeast packets)
1/4 c. shortening
1/4 c. honey
1 Tbsp. salt
about 6 cups of flour

Dissolve the yeast in the water. When the yeast is dissolved, mix in the shortening honey and salt.

Add the flour 1 cup at a time. I usually stop using the spoon after half of the flour is in the bowl and mix with my hands from there on out.

Knead the dough for about 10 minutes.

Put the dough in a greased bowl, turning it over so that the outside of the bread is lightly coated with the shortening.


Put a damp cloth over the bowl and place in a warm spot. I usually turn my oven on for a minute and then turn it off and put the dough in there. Let rise until doubled - about an hour usually.


Punch down and divide the dough into 3 loafs. Place in bread pans and let rise until doubled again.

Bake in a 350 degree oven for about 30 minutes. Butter the top of the loafs and bake for two more minutes.

Remove and let cool about 10 minutes in the pans, then turn out and cool 10 more minutes before slicing. Makes 3 regular or 2 large loaves.


This bread was definitely the best bread I have EVER made!:)

No comments: