Friday, June 11, 2010

Grateful

The other day I was feeding Eric, and listening to the play list at Momza's House. A song came on that hit me, I don't really remember much about it other than it was about a little boy who was placed in a foster home I think.

It got me to thinking.

Thinking about how my childhood was. And how my children's child is.

I am SO GRATEFUL that my children have not had some of the experiences I had by their ages. By the time I was Ryan's age I was in counseling because of some things that happened to me by the time I was Jenny's age. My childhood was definitely NOT carefree. Don't get me wrong, we had some good times. But it was all tainted by some really rotten experiences that took years to forgive, and things that I will never forget.

My children have not had that. They are still innocent. They are happy. Life is definitely not perfect, but it is not broken. It is not ugly. It is colorful. It is fun a lot of the time. And, again, they are happy and carefree.

I am so grateful that my children have what they do, and I am grateful that I am here to be able to experience it with them!

No comments: