Tuesday, October 11, 2011

10 Year Anniversary

10 years! Can you believe it? Darrell and I have been married for 10 WHOLE years(on July 28). Time really does fly by. We look at each other and say this can't possibly be. And then we look around at our 4 beautiful children, and one on the way, and know that it has to have been that long.

So, because it was our 10 year anniversary, Darrell and I took a weekend trip to San Antonio. We had a lot of fun. On Friday we went to a restaurant called "Cappy's". We went there 5 years ago and loved it, so we knew we wanted to go back. This time we tried some new things. I was very impressed with the service. Especially because I didn't like what I ordered and they changed it out for something else. They are very customer oriented! :)


Here are the scallops I didn't like (I think it was a pregnancy thing, cause I really do like scallops)



Here is what Darrell ordered.



That night we went to The River Center Mall and saw the movie "Cowboys and Aliens". It was OK, but not the best movie I have seen.

The next day we went and did a session at the San Antonio Temple. The have such BEAUTIFUL stained glass windows!

Later that day we went to the Alamo, went through a mirror maze, had dinner at Luciano on The River Walk at The River Center Mall, and went on the River walk cruise.

Our "illegal picture" of a plaque inside the Alamo shrine. Micajah Autry, who is listed, is an ancestor of Darrell's.


A Prickly Pear out in the back gardens. So pretty!
The facade on one of the buildings at the Alamo.


A picture of Luciano's sign. Very yummy place to eat! ::





The next day we drove home. Overall, it was a very fun and relaxing weekend away.



2 comments:

Lia London, author said...

Congratulations!

And I have to ask... Do you speak with a cute southern drawl now?

Liz Autry said...

Um ... sometimes? Darrell makes fun of me now and then when I slip into southern. The bad thing is that our kids are growing up here, and they are automatically doing it!