Sunday, August 31, 2008

The great move

So, we did actually close on the 22, thank goodness! Things have been a bit crazy since, but a good crazy. I like being in our house! I think that I was way too cramped in the apartment and that did not help me at all.

We are still going over to the apartment to clean a so not, but I am about to the point where I just want to take a match to the whole place and call it done. But alas, I know that we still have some important things to get, and it would be expensive to replace all of the items we would be leaving behind if we decided to do that, so we are not.

We have had our first "joy of ownership moment". We were standing in the garage when we notice the paint bowing down a little. Darrell knew immediately what it was - water. So he poked a hole in dumped what was there in a bucket. Then he tore some of the sheet rock out, and we found the problem. It looks like the seal on the toilet is not sealed all the way. It is amazing to me that this doesn't seem like too big of a deal. If we were in the apartment I would be flipping out, but not so here. Mybe it is because this is our ouse, and we can decide what to do about it on OUR terms, and not have to worry about someone else having to come. I am also very blessed to have a husband who is willing to get his hands dirty, and who is willing to learn new things!:)

1 comment:

smiliesar said...

Yeah for the new house! Sorry about the repairs all ready but that's what seems to happen.